Rajgir Ajwain Puri
Navratri is considered as an important sacred festival in the Hindu religion. Navratri worships Goddess Durga and her various forms which are the epitomes of power and have the ability to bring in anything desired.
Method to prepare Rajgir Puri
1. Boil, peel and mash potatoes.
2. In a large bowl Mix all the ingredients.
3. Make a soft pliable dough. Cover dough for 15-20 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Make a small ball out of the dough.
5. Using your fingers and palm keep pressing the dough and form a puri circle.
6. Deep fry the puris till they are golden brown.
Serve Rajgir Puri
Serve hot with Cucumber raita, Jeera aloo and vrat ki chutney.
Rajgira is also know as Amaranth
1~ High in protein.
2~ Abundance of nutrients like calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium.
3~ Only grain to have vitamin C.
4~ Have lysine, an amino acid, that helps to absorb calcium.
5~ Contains 2x more calcium than milk.
6~ Reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
Ingredients for Rajgir Puri
1. 1-1/2 cups Rajgiria flour
2. 2 small Boiled and mashed potatoes
3. 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon Haldi powder
4. 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon Ajwain seeds
5. 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
6. Salt Sendha namak
7. Oil for Frying