Navratri is considered as an important sacred festival in the Hindu religion. Navratri worships Goddess Durga and her various forms which are the epitomes of power and have the ability to bring in anything desired.
Method to prepare Chela
1. Rinse sabudana under tap water for 1 minute. Transfer the sabudana to a large bowl, add ¼ cup of water and leave it for 3-4 hours. Also Soak Sama Rice in a separate bowl for 3-4 hours.
2. Drain, wash and put Sabudana and Sama Ricein a blender to make puree.
3. Put salt, sugar, some water in blender to mix and dilute the batter.
4. For chela, put some oil in tawa.
5. Pour puree on it and spread the chela around.
8. Add oil or ghee as required and cook until crispy.
Method to prepare Filling
1. Boil, peel and chop potatoes.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add curry leaves, mustard seeds and when they start to crackle add all the dry spices and Sendha namak.
3. Stir in potatoes and mix.
4. Allow the mix to cool completely.
Place the potato stuffing in the center and carefully fold the chela. Serve hot with vrat ki green chutney.
1~ High in vitamins and low in fat.
2~ Along with calcium, high on proteins and carbohydrates.
3~ Contains good bacteria called the lactic acid.
4~ Bacteria which helps in improving the body's immunity.
5~ It is vitamin dense and hence very healthy.
Ingredients for Sabudana Chela
1. 1 cup Sama Rice ( Barnyard millet)
2. ½ cup Sabudana/ Tapioca Pearls
3. Salt Sendha namak
4. ½ cup Buttermilk
5. Ghee to cook Chela
Ingredients for Filling
1. 3 medium Boiled mashed Potatoes
2. 12 leaves of Curry leaves
3. ¼ teaspoon Each of Mustard seeds
4. ¼ teaspoon Haldi
5. ¼ teaspoon Red chili powder
6. 1 tablespoon Oil
7. Salt Sendha namak