Navratri is considered as an important sacred festival in the Hindu religion. Navratri worships Goddess Durga and her various forms which are the epitomes of power and have the ability to bring in anything desired.
Method to prepare Sabudana Vada
1. Rinse sabudana under tap water for 30 seconds. Transfer the sabudana to a large bowl. Add ½ cup water to sabudana.
2. Cover and leave it for 3-4 hours.
3. Mix soked sabudana with boiled potatoes.
4. Mix Singhara flour, green chilies, cilantro, and spices.
5. Mix well until evenly blended.
6. Heat oil in a kadai.
7. Make small sabudana tikki with a hole in between.
8. Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
9. Make sure the oil is not too hot.
10. When done, remove the crispy vadas.
1. Mix well curd, salt, and red chili powder in a large bowl.
2. Dip all the vadas in curd. Keep it in the fridge to cool.
3. When ready, transfer the vadas to a plate. Pour extra yogurt on top. Garnish with red chili powder, vrat ki green chutney, and dried mint leaves.
Benefits and Uses of Sendha Namak (Rock Salt)
It's a common misconception that salt and sodium are same thing.
1~ May provide trace minerals.
2~ May reduce your risk of low sodium levels.
3~ May improve muscle cramps.
4~ May aid digestion.
5~ May treat sore throats.
6~ May aid skin health.
Ingredients for Sabudana Vada
1. 1 cup Sabudana/Sago Pearls
2. 1 big Boiled and peeled potato
3. 1 small Chopped green chili
4. 1 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
5. ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
6. 2 tablespoons Singhara flour water chestnut flour
7. Salt Sendha namak
8. Oil for Frying
1. 2 cups Yogurt
2. 1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves
3. ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
4. Salt Sendha namak