Sama Rice Ki Dahi Gujiya
Navratri is considered as an important sacred festival in the Hindu religion. Navratri worships Goddess Durga and her various forms which are the epitomes of power and have the ability to bring in anything desired.
Method to prepare Gujiya
1. Wash and add sama rice to a pressure cooker.
2. Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Let the pressure release naturally. The cooked rice will be very sticky and gooey.
3. Mix rice, arrowroot flour, salt, and red chili powder.
4. Make small dough if it is not sticky.
5. Adjust the seasonings and cover and set it aside.
6. Mix all the ingredients listed under ‘For the filling.’
7. Take a small ball-sized piece of dough and flatten it in on a greased surface. Place a teaspoon of filling in the center.
8. Now fold over other end and seal gujiya.
9. Fry the gujiyas in hot oil until golden.
Beat curd and put it on Gujiyas with salt, red chili powder and vrat ki Green chutney.
Arrowroot is a root vegetable often sold as a powder.
1~ It is gluten-free flour.
2~ Health benefits with its starch content.
3~ Promote weight loss.
4~ Treat diarrhea.
5~ Stimulate your immune system.
Ingredients for Gujiya
1. 1 cup Barnyard millet (sama rice)
2. 2 cup Water
3. ½ cup Arrowroot flour or Any vrat flour
4. Salt Sendha namak
5. 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
Ingredients for Filling
1. ½ cup Shredded Coconut
2. Handful of Sliced almonds
3. 3 tablespoon Raisins
Ingredients for Toppings
1. 1 cup Beaten Curd
2. ¾ cup Vrat ki Green chutney