Navratri is considered as an important sacred festival in the Hindu religion. Navratri worships Goddess Durga and her various forms which are the epitomes of power and have the ability to bring in anything desired.
Method to prepare
1. Rinse sabudana under tap water for 1 minute. Transfer the sabudana to a large bowl, add ¼ cup of water and leave it for 3-4 hours.
2. Grate lauki and squeeze tightly to remove water.
3. Boil, peel and mash sweet potato in a bowl.
4. Mix all ingredients with Sabudana, lauki, mash shakarkandi, chopped coriander
5. Grease your hands before making cutlets.
6. Heat oil in tawa and fry cutlets until crispy and brown.
Serve Shakarkandi Cutlet
Serve hot with green chutney and a cup of hot tea.
Shakarkandi or Sweet potatoes
1~ Highly Nutritious.
2~ Source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
3~ Promote Gut Health.
4~ May Have Cancer-Fighting Properties.
5~ Support Healthy Vision.
6~ May Enhance Brain Function.
7~ May Support Your Immune System.
Ingredients for Shakarkandi Cutlet
1. 1/2 cup Soaked Sabudana/Sago
2. 1 big Sweet potato
3. 1/4 cup Grated and drained lauki
4. 2 tablespoon Cashew powder
5. 1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves, crushed
6. 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds - crushed and sprinkle on top1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
7. 2 tablespoon Chopped coriander leaves
8. Salt Sendha Namak
9. 2-3 tablespoon Oil/Ghee
10. 1 - 2 tablespoon Kuttu Flour (optional)