Aloo Jeera Chat
Navratri is considered as an important sacred festival in the Hindu religion. Navratri worships Goddess Durga and her various forms which are the epitomes of power and have the ability to bring in anything desired.
Method to prepare Aloo Chaat
1. Wash, pat dry and cut potatoes in cubes.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and leave to marinate.
3. Put some oil in tawa and stir fry potatoes on a medium or low flame.
4. Cook until soft and tender.
Serve Aloo Chaat
Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with vrat ki chutney.
Jeera or Cumin seeds
1~ Contains antioxidants.
2~ Has anticancer properties.
3~ May help treat diarrhea.
4~ Helps control blood sugar.
5~ Fights bacteria and parasites.
6~ Has an anti-inflammatory effect.
7~ May help lower cholesterol.
8~ Aids in weight loss.
Ingredients for Aloo Chaat
1. 3-4 medium sized Potatoes
2. 2 tablespoon Vrat ki Green chuteny
3. 3 tablespoon Beaten Curd
4. 1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves, crushed
5. 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
6. 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
7. 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds , crushed
8. Salt sendha namak
9. 2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
10. 2 tablespoon Oil/Ghee